Thursday, August 18, 2016

New Year's Resolution Checkup - Meeanful Life

WOW it's been too long since I've been on here.

Okay, since I've just started the new Fall Semester at my schools and since we're technically nearing the end of 2016, I thought it'd be a good time to review my New Year's Resolutions so far.

Hoo boy.

In my New Year's Resolutions post, I mentioned that I didn't want to give myself insurmountable tasks in the hopes of actually GETTING STUFF DONE this year.  Let's see how well I followed my own advice.

#1 - Publish three books. 

This was... ambitious to say the least. But I'm doing better on it than I could have imagined. 

Weredriver has a fully completed short story that hopefully will see the light of day soon. And I've got just about 6,000 words on the first novel done, plus a complete outline. 

I even have a Facebook page and a website... and, thanks to the awesome Omni Jacala, I also have a new logo. 

I also have some art done of the main character from the first novel. 


Obviously that's not a full novel. I doubt I'll get a full one done before the end of the year. But it's a darn good start! 

My manticore story is going well too. 


Got my first full character down, and about 10,000 words of book one. It's moving so smoothly. The outline was easy to write, so the novel itself is going well too. And it's REALLY FUN to describe feral animals moving around. 

That one doesn't have a logo yet, but I'll get there! 

Zyearth book two though, is the biggest leap. Over the course of the summer, I got down over 42,000 words. I'm well into the half way mark. Right now, the tentative title is Brothers at Arms. We'll see if it stays that way or not. 

I'm having SUCH a blast writing it. It's practically writing itself. This one I'm hoping to have out by the end of the year, but we'll see if it makes it that far or not. 


#2 - More blog posts.

Eh, not TOO bad. I didn't really keep up that well over the summer, but I've had several posts since then. I just gotta work at it more.

#3 - Actually lose weight, or at least be more active.

That one is... still in the works. >>

#4 - Do more art

Uh....










  That I kind of went a little bit nuts on. I did all these in the span of a couple of weeks, which is a crazy turn around for me. I'm hoping I'll eventually get back to it and finish all the character busts for The Stolen Guardian.

Overall, not too bad then! Hopefully the end of the year will see me being even more productive.

R. A. Meenan - Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment! I allow anonymous comments, so no annoying sign ups and hoops to jump through. I can't wait to hear from you!