Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter! - Meeanful Life

Hey everyone! Happy Easter! Hooray for eggs, chocolate bunnies, and of course the most important part... celebrating the rising of our Savior. =3

Admittedly, I was not not nearly as productive as I intended to be over the social media fast. I was hoping to have a whole draft of one of my book projects done, but it just didn't happen.

Five college level English classes can kick your butt like that.

Couple of awesome things though... One, before you do ANYTHING ELSE, go support Jess E. Owen's new book in the Summer King Chronicles!

It's there. RIGHT THERE. GO CLICK IT NOW. 


I know it's already fully funded (within HOURS) but that's just proof of how COMPLETELY AWESOME this series is. One of my favorite books series ever. I've read these books probably five times or more and I intend to reread all of them before the next book comes out.

Two, we've got TWO new Zyearth stories coming out soon... For FREE.

Black Bound will come out first, a short story about our beloved Matt as a teenager. You can imagine the kind of trouble a teenager with wind powers might get into. XD

Right now I'm just adding finishing touches and edits and then the book will be available for downloading and reading!

This leads me to the next short story coming out...



Red Wounds follows Izzy's pledge and journey to finally activate her Gem powers... a journey that ends up being a lot harder and more dangerous than she ever imagined.

Honestly, both of these stories have been a blast to write. For one, it's fun doing short stories. I feel like the tighter writing is generally easier to put out and some of my best writing ends up being short stories.

For two, exploring Matt and Izzy's lives before they were Guardians is a lot of fun. It's a good way to understand just how difficult their lives have been.


If you just can't WAIT for these short stories, then I've got good news for you...

White Assassin is already out and ready to read for FREE!

Trecheon Omnir isn't happy with his life. His motorcycle repair shop barely keeps him afloat, his family has abandoned him, and his experiences in war make it difficult to relate to others. So when his friend and fellow war veteran Neil Black offers him an out, he takes it without question. But Trecheon finds out too late that this "out" is actually an initiation into the world of assassins. Now he must overcome fear, deception, and guilt in order to turn this bad situation into something he can live with and become the profession's first White Assassin.

Trecheon is a principal character in  Book Two of the Zyearth Chronicles, so get your copy now to get some insight into a new character before the crowds. ;)


While you're at it, you should pick up a copy of The Stolen Guardian. You can get your copy for only 99 cents in the link on the side of this blog. =)

Three, keep an eye out for some new writing from me in the form of a serial. I'm working on a short online only serial set in a wonderful steampunk world. The prewriting is already awesome!

As for blog related stuff, I'm going to continue working on some Ten Minute Freewrites in the coming weeks, as well as a new short series.

One of the things my church did during Lent this year was a series of prayers and thoughts on the Seven Heavenly Virtues and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm going to do a similar series looking at the Virtues and Vices of writing. Expect some fun stuff with that!

Whelp, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Lent and a Happy Easter! I look forward to the future with you guys. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment! I allow anonymous comments, so no annoying sign ups and hoops to jump through. I can't wait to hear from you!