Monday, May 11, 2015

Ten Minute Freewrites - Prompt #3 Secrets in Racing

Hello again everyone, and welcome to Monday! You know what that means - Another Ten Minute Freewrite!

Today's freewrite prompt comes from mandywallace.com and her fun collection of random writing prompts. Here's the one I picked for today.

Timer set. . .


"I'm only telling you this because you won't be able to tell anyone else."

Haruhi stared up at Sebastian with a fear he had never seen in his life. When he learned three months ago about the true nature of the beast inside him, he never dreamed that others who learned the truth would fear him.

Especially not Haruhi. Anyone but Haruhi.

The Japanese mechanic backed up against the wall of the paddock garage, staring at him with wide black eyes. She breathed in ragged breaths.

"You. . . you are one of them," she shuttered. "One of those werebeasts."

Seb frowned and bent back the now familiar cheetah ear that emerged from his head when he transformed. "Yeah. I am."

Haruhi backed up further. "And what makes you think I can't tell anyone else?" Her fear melted into anger now, and she furrowed her brow at him.

Seb lowered his gaze. He felt the fur around his eyes shift in the night breeze. "Haruhi, you've been in the garage messing with the cars at night before every race since you got here. I'm the only one knows that, and I've been letting you do it. If I tell someone, you'll lose your job."

"Well, maybe it's worth it," Haruhi said. "I can't let you roam free in that form. You're a monster. You'll hurt someone! You'll hurt me!"

Seb's tail drooped and he frowned. "I would never hurt you."

"You can't promise that."

"I can," Seb said. He took a step closer to her. "Because I can control this form. He's not a threat to anyone except the track demons. He's not the enemy."

"He's a cheetah, Seb!" Haruhi took another step back. "He's a predator! He's designed to kill!"

Seb held out his hands and looked down at them. In this form, they were more like paws than hands, complete with yellow and black spotted fur and black pads on his palms. But he knew his wereform. He knew Gepard. And he knew he wouldn't hurt anyone.

Especially not Haruhi.

"Haruhi, please," Seb held out his hands. "Just give him a chance. I promise he won't hurt you. It was going to, wouldn't I have done so already?" Haruhi looked ready to run at that point. She stared at Seb's face and he gently smiled. "Please. Just try."

Haruhi bit her lip, but she moved from her position against the wall and walked toward him.

_____________________________________________

Man, these freewrites are fun. XD It's a great excuse to explore some of the other side projects I'm working on. This one is from Weredriver, a story I WAS going to try to do as a comic, but scrapped because I'm not a good enough artist.


My friend Kessie suggested I try doing it as a novel instead.

For those who can't tell, it's a story about racing drivers who are also werebeasts. Seb, my MC, is a cheetah.

I have an ancient picture of him somewhere... ah! Here it is.

And it's art like this that tells me I can't possibly make this into a comic. XD

I still fully intend to try and make this into a novel series, so we'll see how it plays out.

What'd you guys think of the story? Should I continue it?

And the big question is - WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ABOUT NEXT WEEK? Give me a prompt suggestion! I always acknowledge and link to those who's prompts I use. 

I always encourage people to do a freewrite based on the same prompt. Share you stories below! See you guys next time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment! I allow anonymous comments, so no annoying sign ups and hoops to jump through. I can't wait to hear from you!