Friday, May 8, 2015

Take Me Out To The Ball Game - Meenanful Life

Everybody ready? And a-one, and a-two, and a-here we go!



Take me out to the BALL GAME! Take me out to the CROWD!

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack! I don't care if I ever get back!

So let's root, root-root for the ANGELS

If they don't win its a shame! (But they did!)



Cuz it's ONE! TWO! THREE strikes you're out at the OLD BALL GAME!

Okay, now that that's over. XD

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge baseball fan. My sport is Formula One. But when I get an opportunity to go see the Angels play, I like to take advantage of it. Why? It makes me think of Dad.

I may have mentioned it before, but for those who don't know, my father died when I was twelve of a horrible heart attack. I loved my dad very much, and I think about him a lot.

And Dad was a huge Angels fan, even though they pretty much sucked in his day. He instilled that love of the game in me at a young age.

Look at me and my tininess!
So when the Angels do well, I think of Dad. And Mom.

GOSH Rachel, you're such a doofus, LOOK AT THE CAMERA
We went to a game on Cinco de Mayo, and, since the Angels are weird like that, we got to participate in a Guinness Book of World Records Attempt - The most sombreros in a single gathering. Everyone got a free sombrero and in the fifth inning, we had to wear them for a full five minutes.

The SEA of SOMBREROS was awesome to behold.

And we got the record.



It was pretty dang fun. And we won! The win would make a great story too. Our final batter of the night was a rookie celebrating his Major League debut. For a BRIEF, GLORIOUS MOMENT, he was actually BATTING 1000.

No, the rookie was not Cowgill. I'm just slow when taking pictures. Note that Perez has 1000 instead.
And in the crucial moments at the end of the game, he hit a HOME RUN at the top of the 9th, the first batter up, and we won.

Awesome. =D

And I'm sure Dad's watching from above, hanging out with some REAL Angels, excited that his team won... and his daughter still shows a love of the game. =)

Do you guys watch sports? Do you have any hobbies just because they're nostalgic or connected to a loved one? Share your experiences below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment! I allow anonymous comments, so no annoying sign ups and hoops to jump through. I can't wait to hear from you!